Tuesday, October 5, 2010

We sense victory: Hilfenhaus

Ben Hilfenhaus, who had the last laugh on a wicket-filled fourth day of the first Test, said Australia was sensing victory. “We have our tails up, we have plans to bowl to each of their batsman tomorrow (Tuesday) morning, and if we can bowl to those plans, we'll have a good chance,” he said. “So yeah, we definitely sense victory.”

We sense victory: Hilfenhaus

Hilfenhaus said Australia will look to put pressure on Sachin Tendulkar by denying him runs. “It's a hard wicket to get in on, but once you're set, there doesn't seem to be much problem making runs, so you have to tie them down,” he said. “Tendulkar is the big wicket for us. If we get him early, that'll set us on our way. We'll look to put him under the pump and hopefully watch him crumble.

Ishant Sharma, who had played a major part in bowling Australia out for 192, said the mood in the Indian camp was tense after losing four wickets.

“But everyone is in a good frame of mind and we believe that whoever is at the crease can do a job for the team,” he said, adding that V.V.S. Laxman will definitely bat if needed.

If India manages the 161 runs still needed for victory, it will be only the third instance of an Indian side successfully chasing a target of over 200 against Australia. The previous two occasions were in Mumbai in 1964 and in Adelaide in 2003.

Ishant said his recent struggles with the ball and with no-balls (he bowled 15 this Test) were because he was still adjusting to a shortened run-up.

“I struggled in Sri Lanka as well because I have shortened my run-up by two steps,” he said. “It's just two steps, but it's taking time to find my old rhythm. I'm missing my steps a little bit.

“I spoke to Zak (Zaheer) about it and a few seniors in my team. The good thing is that I'm still bowling at the same pace that I was getting with my previous run-up.”

Share This
Subscribe Here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers

Cricket is Life Copyright © 2009